Canvas operates on a three-week release cycle through which features are added or updated; feature releases in the production environment take place on the third Saturday of every month. SUNY Geneseo’s EdTech team posts highlights from Canvas’s production release notes, a link to these notes, and other relevant content to our blog a few days before the production release, which usually occurs on Saturdays. Please contact the Canvas Support Team if you have any questions about an upcoming production release.
New Gradebook: SpeedGrader
- New course-level option to launch SpeedGrader filtered by student group
- Designed to manage submissions in large courses and improves SpeedGrader load times (as compared to opening SpeedGrader, then filtering submissions by section)
- When enabled (under course settings), SpeedGrader will only load submissions from the selected group and requires a group be selected, in the Gradebook filter, before submissions can be viewed
- Can also select a group from the assignment’s page
- Without a group selection, the SpeedGrader link is grayed out
- Once selected, the same student group displays across all assignments
- This option does not apply to group assignments unless the assignment’s settings require students be graded individually
You can find the full 9/21/19 Canvas Release Notes document, available from Instructure, within the Canvas Community. You do not need to log in to access this content.
Please contact Geneseo’s Canvas Support Team with your questions. Reach us by email (email@example.com) or through the Canvas Hotline at 585.245.6000 (weekdays 8AM – 4PM). Happy learning!