Canvas operates on a three-week release cycle through which features are added or updated; feature releases in the production environment take place on the third Saturday of every month, beginning August 17. SUNY Geneseo’s EdTech team posts highlights from Canvas’s production release notes, a link to these notes, and other relevant content to our blog a few days before the production release, which usually occurs on Saturdays. Please contact the Canvas Support Team if you have any questions about an upcoming production release.
With the most recent release to production first, here is our archive of release notes highlights:
- Canvas Release Notes Highlights: Spring & Summer Updates
- Canvas Release Notes Highlights: February 15, 2020
- Canvas Release Notes Highlights: Winter Refresh
- Canvas Release Notes Highlights: November 16, 2019
- Canvas Release Notes Highlights: October 19, 2019
- Canvas Release Notes Highlights: September 21, 2019
- Canvas Release Notes Highlights: Summer 2019
*Note: this new feature for EdTech Chat will begin at the start of the fall 2019 semester for the SUNY Geneseo community. You can anticipate that this list grows over time.
You can find out more about upcoming changes to Canvas within the Community.