Laurie is the Assistant Director for CIT and Manager of Educational Technology. Laurie supervises the professionals responsible for instructional design, learning management system (Canvas) administration and support, campus technology training, classroom technology, and digital media services. She enjoys consulting with faculty on their learning goals for courses and helping them choose and implement effective digital and classroom technologies. Laurie develops and delivers documentation, workshops, and other faculty development strategies and events to encourage the integration of technology across the curriculum.
Laurie is also the Chair of SIGUCCS, an association of professionals who support and manage the diverse aspects of information technology services at higher education institutions. Her posts on their blog can be found in the “Chair’s Corner”.
Laurie’s authored the following posts for EdTech Chat:
- Canvas: Immersive Reader Enabled
- Access Coursera Courses for Free
- Canvas Community: It’s Due!
- Caption This! Workshop Resources
- Creating Community in an Online Class
- Student Success and Retention
- What is Instructional Design?
- Commons Craze
- March Lynda.com Highlights
- Academic Integrity in the Online Testing Environment