Geneseo students, faculty and staff have free access to the entire Lynda.com training library (over 7,500 courses, and more are added every week) through Geneseo’s site license. We have some suggestions for courses and videos to visit in March that celebrate Mardi Gras and International Women’s Day.
Mardi Gras is the perfect time to celebrate yourself, your team, and your success with these courses on Lynda.com:
- Learn how to own where you are and where you want to be, remove negativity, and visualize success with this 21 minute course. Building Self-Confidence, which concludes with the video Celebrating You.
- As a manager, it’s important to acknowledge and celebrate the important moments your team experiences. Learn how this can enhance rapport and reenergize everyone in this 3 minute video! Celebrating with Your Team
- By recording and celebrating your successes, you’re reinforcing to your mind that you actually have many more reasons you will succeed than you will fail. Learn to celebrate your success in less than 4 minutes. Celebrating Your Success
International Women’s Day (IWD) coming up on March 8th is an opportunity to celebrate the economic, business, social and political accomplishments of women around the world. It is also a chance to examine our biases and work together to achieve gender parity.
This year’s theme of IWD is #BalanceforBetter. Gender balance in the workplace is not only a women’s issue — it’s a global business issue, and essential in order for economies and communities to thrive.
Here are some courses to help you consider being more inclusive and conscious of biases:
- Confronting Bias: Thriving Across our Differences – Instructors: Verna Myers (VP, Inclusion Strategy at Netflix) & Arianna Huffington (Founder and CEO at Thrive Global).
- Unconscious Bias – Instructor: Stacey Gordon (Diversity, Inclusion & Career Strategist | Keynote Speaker | Author)
- Women in Leadership (released last week) – Instructors: Daisy Lovelace & Carolyn Goerner
- Highlight : We all have gender bias (3m40s)
In the spirit of #BalanceforBetter here are some more content suggestions to support us all on this journey to a gender balanced world:
- Becoming a Male Ally at Work! Instructor: TED speaker Emilie Aries
- Proven Success Strategies for Women at Work – Instructors: Debbie Kolb (Expert in Negotiation, Leadership & Gender |Speaker | Bestselling Author |Advisors to Today’s Leading Executive Women & Elizabeth Robillard (Digital and Mobile executive. Mentor and coach on innovation, negotiation, leadership.
- Developing Your Emotional Intelligence – Instructor: Gemma Leigh Roberts (Organizational Psychologies | Performance Psychologist | Executive & Career Coach |Author).
- Executive Presence for Women – Instructor: Roberta Matuson (Strategic Advisor | Consultant |Executive Coach |Public Speaker |Talent Maximizer).
- Managing Your Career as an Introvert – Instructor: Dorie Clark: Keynote Speaker, Harvard Business Review Contributor, Duke University Furqua School of Business Adjunct prof; 3x Author
- Taking Charge of Your Career – Instructor: Christine DiDonato is a LinkedIn Learning Author who enables emerging professionals to be in the driver’s seat of their career path.
- Body Language for Women – Instructor: Dorie Clark